For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Insurance Fraud Bureau of Linford Wood House, 6-12 Capital Drive, Milton Keynes MK14 6XT (“us”,”our”).
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on this website, uploading content to this website and or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you submit a report via Cheatline, register to use this website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on this website, complete a survey, and when you report a problem with this website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, employer details.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to this website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from this website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also work closely with certain third parties (including, for example, the DVLA, DVLNI, insurers, law enforcement bodies, government departments, local authorities and other public or private bodies) and may receive information about you from them.
3. How will we use your personal data?
The information you supply or we collect about you may be used by us and our agents for the purposes of claims administration, crime prevention and prosecution of offenders, research, management information, staff training, providing financial services / guidance, public relations and debt administration and recovery.
We will also use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from this website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer this website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve this website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep this website safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of this website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
4. Who else will have access to your data?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“Group”).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- the DVLA and DVANI, member insurers, law enforcement bodies, government departments, local authorities and other public or private bodies, where we are obliged or permitted by law to do so. This includes disclosure to third party managed databases of insurance claims used to help prevent fraud, and regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing IFB’s compliance with any regulatory rules/codes;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of this website;
5. Will we transfer data overseas?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Your rights
This website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. Rights of access to information
With limited exceptions you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected (we charge £10 per information request - cheques should be made payable to the Insurance Fraud Bureau). To exercise this right please complete the Subject Access Request form, or write to us with details of the information required, enclosing the appropriate payment and evidence of your identity, to: Portals Manager, Linford Wood House, 6-12 Capital Drive, Milton Keynes, MK14 6XT.